Thursday 24 December 2020

Running around on Christmas Eve to sort things out!

Christmas Eve. It started with blue sky and sunshine. I ran round the village and admired the sun on the hill - it hadn’t reached our shady bit of the world yet. At the end of the track round the mill pond I did a bit of bird watching, seeing this fine specimen posing in a tree and not minding at all waiting until I got my phone out to take a picture of him.




I called in at the co-op for some last minute bits and pieces as they were closing at midday. I even stocked up on loo rolls, just in case, but not excessively. No kitchen roll though!


Late in the morning our daughter came round and we went out for  family walk up the hill. Only when we got back did the small girl comment, “You said this was going to be a short walk. It feels like a long one to me!” Little legs! But she kept going and kept up a running commentary to me all the while. I am amazed at the capacity for chatter that a four year old can have.


I spent a good part of the afternoon making preparations for tomorrow’s fancy lunch. I am assuming that nobody is now going to turn round and say we cannot meet for lunch, despite what the scientists are saying. And once Christmas Day is done, we shall see.


Lorries are moving from Dover. Some lorry drivers might get home to wherever they want to be in time for Christmas Day. Others won’t. Clean-up operations are taking place in Dover. 


On the radio news they are talking about the agreement with the EU. Will it be known from now on as The Christmas Eve Agreement or perhaps The Christmas Day agreement? Only time will tell.


That’ll do.


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment