Sunday 21 November 2021

Further adventures with test and trace.

Further to our fun and games with Covid tests the other day, here’s what happened next, not directly related but in the same sort of topic area. 


Sitting having breakfast this morning, we were disturbed by my phone giving me a little ping to say a message had come in. I was expecting a message of some kind from my daughter or granddaughter as we were organising meeting for coffee but all of that had been done by Facebook messenger. So what was this?


It was the NHS Test and Trace App telling me I had been in contact with someone who had tested positive for Covid and would possibly need to self-isolate. Hmm!? So Phil went to find his phone as he had undoubtedly received the same text message. Any time we’ve been in contact with people recently we’ve been together. Yes, there it was. So we followed the steps to register with the relevant people and fill in a million and one details:


Name

Address

Email

NHS number

Covid vaccination details

And on

And on


In the end it told us we don’t need to self-isolate but will we please send for a PCR test. So we followed the link to do that and filled in almost all the same details over again as clearly none of these bits of the organisation talk to each other. 


Well, that’s another chunk of time I won’t get back again. It’s a good job we keep all those details handy. 


I was quite relieved not to have to self isolate. I have plans: family and friends to see, a visit to my hairdresser, Christmas shopping. 


So somebody on our plane back from Portugal has done their lateral flow test and had a positive result. I could almost hope,it was the silly young person sitting behind me who sang annoyingly most of the way home on the flight. But, no, I’m not really that vindictive.


However, if this would seem to be the new normal, I can’t say I’m impressed.


But hey! it’s a fine day. The sun is shining and the sky is blue. The family is coming round for coffee. We’ll get out for a walk maybe. It’s all good!


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment