Sunday 11 April 2021

Early morning stuff!

 One of the good things about getting up early to accept a delivery of garden furniture - as if there are many good things about getting up so early - is that you get to take photos of the winter-wonderland effect of snow on trees against the blue sky. 


 

I must have mentioned before now that I finally found and ordered some garden furniture, almost certainly provoking the current spell of cold weather. When they gave me a delivery date it said “between 07.00 and 17.00”. Much has been made of the exploitation of delivery-van drivers but surely if they are making deliveries at 7 in the morning, then they must be working anti-social hours. Goodness knows what time THEY get up. 


Eventually, at around 7.00 am I received a text message saying it would arrive between 08.00 and 12.00, which gave me some snoozing time at least. At about 08.30 I received a phone call: the delivery-man telling me he was approximately half an hour away. 


Just before 9.00 the delivery had happened and I went out for a pre-breakfast walk in the snowy woods, where the snow falling off the trees made it look as though it was starting to snow all over again. 










Blue sky and sunshine. The snow stands no chance!


ELife goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment