Saturday 12 February 2022

Birthday celebration interlude, part 1.

Yesterday my daughter and I picked up her small daughter from school somewhere between 3.15 and 3.30 , bundled her into the car and set off on the road south. My son had suggested that we might be lucky to arrive at his house before 9.00pm. In the event we had a supremely uneventful journey. The small people had a snooze while my daughter and I set the world to rights. When the small people woke up we had a session of listening to nursery rhymes and fairy stories until we started to get a series of “are we there yet?” questions from the older small person and then a long wail the younger small person, clearly fed up of being in his child seat.but by then it was heading towards 7.00 and we were almost there. Hooray!


So we arrived in time for the birthday girl, the main purpose of our journey, to open her presents before everyone went to bed. 


Eventually the adults had some food and then I was sent off to sleep at my  co-mother-in-law’s house. All good.


This morning we had had a good walk down to the centre of town where the small people, my daughters two plus my son’s small girl, the birthday girl played in the park for a while. 


A cup of coffee in the town centre and then back up to my co-mother-in-law’s house for lunch. Rather a lot of fizz was consumed!


Not a bad way to spend a day! Tomorrow more madness will ensue with a birthday party! 


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment