Thursday 29 June 2023

Random facts. A family Thursday.

 Odd facts: 


The most densely populated city in the world is Manila in the Philippines, apparently, with 100k per square mile.


Glastonbury had 210k people in 1.4 square miles.


So for a week Glastonbury festival was the most densely populated place not just in the UK, not just in Europe, but on earth.


All of which confirms my reaction when I have seen photos and video footage of the festival that really I was rather glad not to be there. The same applies to the pictures I have seen of the Bruce Springsteen concerts at the moment.


My brother in law called round this afternoon. We haven’t seen him for months. He’s been travelling round Europe going to concerts by the band Marillion. I think he’s been to every one of their concerts in recent months. No wonder ha ps suffered from sore feet! On his latest jaunt the plane he was travelling on the go to Berlin ( I think) was diverted to an out of the way airport in Poland when it was struck twice by lightning! The airport was very small, and was actually closed when they landed. So they all had to stay on the plane until passport control staff could be summoned to come and process them. We have warned him to be careful of thunder storms - he might not be so lucky a third time.


He called round today, not just to see us but to make use of our IT facilities. His ticket for this evening’s concert (not Marillion this time) was on his phone and he had had a message that he needed to print it. His phone would not “speak” to his printer so he required some assistance. How strange to sell people E-tickets and then not accept them as a valid way of entering a venue!


Today has been a day for family stuff. The small boy spent quite some time fascinated by poppy seed pods when he discovered that he could up-end them like small pepper pots and pour the seeds out like black pepper. No doubt I will have even more poppies in my garden next year! Then my Spanish sister did a video call while my daughter and the small ones were here. She’s arriving here tomorrow for a few days before heading off for Manchester airport at some ungodly hour on Tuesday morning. Later my son rang to catch up on family news and the arrange to come and visit at the end of July when his daughter finishes school  for the summer, making his visit coincide with her small cousin also finishing school for the summer. My Spanish sister reminds me that children in Spain have already been on holiday for a week or two! 


So that’s been my Thursday. But I have managed to do a brisk walk round the village in the evening sunshine. Tomorrow will be busy as I need to collect the above-mentioned Spanish sister from the train station, among other things. So it goes.  


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment