I saw a weather report headline that said warm weather was returning to the UK, with temperatures of 25°C in London. The rest of us are likely to have a high of 20°C if we’re lucky. There you go; UK means London and the South East. So it goes.
Even though the weather app on my phone says we have a temperature of 18°, it certainly doesn’t feel like it. But it is September, after all.
Yes, it is September but not quite half way through September. Christmas is still quite a long way off. And yet our local Co-op store has mince pies on sale.
A far too sensible friend of mine has commented that some people like to start stocking up early for Christmas! Maybe so! Can you freeze mince pies? I wonder. If not, but the time mince-pie-eating season comes around they’re going to be rather stale! I can almost, but not quite, understand starting to buy presents now and putting them away. I say not quite because I would probably put them in a safe place and forget where I had stored them.
Here’s something about ebikes: “ London boroughs have seized at least 3,000 ebikes this year, a Guardian investigation has found, as hire companies face growing calls to stop bicycles littering streets and blocking pavements.
Local authorities across the capital have seized 3,393 hazardously parked or abandoned ebikes so far this year, 23% higher than the number seized during all of 2025.”
Our bit of Greater Manchester is too rural to have ebikes for hire. i’ve been quite impressed to see families out on proper bikes on the bridle paths, often including very small children on balance bikes.
We may not have bikes abandoned all over the place but I looked into the River Tame where it goes under the crossroads near our house and saw this:
No, it is not a real, full-size car in the river but a child’e ride-on toy. It’s been there for a few days now. Goodness knows how it got there!
Right wing groups have been accusing the RNLI of wasting resources by rescuing people crossing the channel in small boats.
In fact, only a very small percentage of the RNLI resources go to such rescues. And one of the consequences of the accusations has been an increase in donations to the lifeboat people. Sometime fairness rules. Karma!
Apparently Donald Trump has promised to pay €5000 dollars to all Americans if his party wins the midterm elections. Amazing!
Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!





No comments:
Post a Comment