Wednesday 24 August 2022

Out and about. Foraging. Prime ministerial visits.,

Yesterday perked up weatherwise more or less as expected. We didn’t go and do a long walk up Lark Hill though. By the time we finished the indoor jobs and got ourselves organised the cloud had moved back in and so we opted to walk round the village instead, equipped with waterproofs in a bag in case it turned to rain. Phil did decide to take the secateurs with him to continue with the work of snipping nettles and brambles and anything else that chose to block the path.


I considered taking the litter picker as I knew that there were a fair few cans dropped here and there on our route. In the end I decided not to bother. 

 

At the last minute though I picked up a piece of Tupperware in case I saw enough ripe blackberries to make it worth while picking them. 


We made slow progress, inevitably with both of us on the lookout for something to snip or collect. Despite the cloud, it was actually very warm. 

 

The blackberries were ripening nicely. 




I collected a good boxful. 


 

And when we got home I baked an apple and blackberry pie. Not a bad bit of foraging!


 

Later in the evening the rain came back and it was quite heavy during the night. My granddaughter and I had planned a day out today and went prepared for a wet excursion. In the event, the further we got into Yorkshire the more the weather improved. More of that tomorrow. First I need to catch up with today. So this is a short post.,


On my return from our day out I discovered that Boris Johnson had made a surprise visit to Kiev in Ukraine today. He’s very popular on the Ukraine. Maybe he wanted to go to a place where they appreciate him. Someone has painted a mural of him on the end of a building. Today they have put up a plaque proclaiming him a hero. 


I suppose everyone has to be appreciated somewhere. Since the campaign to choose his successor here began he seems to have kept a low profile. Maybe he’s been too busy having a wedding celebration and going on holiday to continue with the job he’s still being paid for.

Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment