Tuesday 14 June 2022

Tuesday tribulations!

 



This morning I was up at the crack of dawn, well, closer to the crack of dawn than usual. My eldest granddaughter had a hospital appointment at 9.00 am. I suppose someone has to have that appointment. One problem was that she had not had proper notification of this appointment, just a reminder! Which is odd - reminding someone of something they’ve not been properly informed about. The second and possible bigger problem was that her constant state of anxiety, exacerbated by the imprecise arrangements with the hospital, makes her very reluctant to travel alone on public transport at the best of times. 


Consequently at 7.30 this morning I was waiting for a bus to go to her house so that we could travel together to the hospital. Arrived there, we had some difficulty signing her in. Main reception had some difficulty. Did she have an appointment number? No, because she had not received a letter. Oh, the receptionist told her, we don’t do letters any more! That sounds like a lot of nonsense. The anxiety levels were rising! 


Eventually they located her details and sent us along to the yellow zone to sign in to eye-neurology. Except that in the yellow zone their system was not working. We should go to the blue zone, a little further back along the corridor we had just navigated. At the blue zone they told us she should have signed in at the yellow zone desk. We explained the situation on e again. It’s a good job my anxious granddaughter had company! She was getting close to melt down. 


In the end all was well. She went and had a chat with the neurologist, who showed her scans of her brain from her last visit and reassured her about her peripheral vision problems. And off we went to catch a bus home.


As for me, I had an appointment at the hairdresser’s in the early afternoon. I really should have gone straight into Manchester after leaving my granddaughter at her house but instead I went home, had a cup of tea and then set off again. 


After what seemed an age I emerged from the hairdresser’s with my new hairdo, went off to do some errands I had been planning to complete and finally caught the tram back to Oldham. For once my tram coincided with a bus to Delph and so I only had to wait five minutes. But it was already 6.30. Where had my day gone!


I scuttled home, we organised some food and took an evening stroll. It has been a beautiful day. How nice to be able to stroll around in the evening as the sun goes down! That’s my Tuesday more or less over and done with! 


More fine weather if promised for the next few days. We should take advantage. This might be our summer!


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment