Friday, 31 July 2026

Losing Thursday again. Restoring whips. Taking the huff. Gaza comment and education comment.

Well, Thursday was kidnapped by grandchildren who arrived in time for breakfast and stayed until suppertime. Craft activities ensued, we had a picnic in the park, fun and games were had by all. But I never got round to writing, let alone posting, my blog. I barely got round to reading the news headlines. 


This morning I read that Diane Abbott has been readmitted as Labour MPs. A move to reestablish harmony in the party? There has been a lot of pressure to restore the whip to Diane Abbott, who was, after all, probably a member of the Labour Party before the current leader was born. 


Zack Polanski has come in for criticism for posting a picture on Instagram of a man with a t-shirt featuring a guillotine and the words ‘We’re only planning for Nigel” or something similar. Nigel Farage has been a bit cross about it. Here is Ben Jennings’ cartoon.on Nigel Farage’s anger at Zack Polanski’s Instagram:



I read also that something else upsetting Nigel Farage is the fact that Andy Burnham has asked Kemi Badenoch and Ed Davey to discuss spcial care with him but hasn’t invited Mr Farage, whp seems to have forgotten that he is no longer actually an MP.


Here’s a little comment on Gaza.



And here’s something from Michael Rosen about children and books and testing.



Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment