Sunday 22 November 2020

I have always been a bit sneery about people who depend so totally on their mobile phones and other electronic gadgets that they simply cannot imagine doing without them. And then this morning my trusty iPad decided it was going to play up. Basically it was refusing to recharge. First it said it had no charge. And then it claimed to be fully charged. and then it went to no charge again. Uh! Oh! Battery problems! 

 

And I had a moment of panic. So many things I depend on the iPad to provide for me: the notes programme on which I compose my blog; various other writings I have saved onto the machine; the photos I call up to copy and paint; a pile of recipes - not to mention catching up with news, email and Facebook.

 

So here I am, having "borrowed" the computer. It's nominally "our" computer but really it's more Phil's as I do most things on my iPad. So just a shortish blogpost today.

 

Today has been mostly fine and dry for a change, I ran along the still soggy Donkey Line first thing and later, as the sun came out, I suggested a bit of a walk. At that point our daughter phoned and suggested a family "adventure". Of course, as we set off it started to rain, although not for long fortunately. But the sky remained grey and heavy until we got back home again, having visited a rather treacherous Dobcross churchyard - warning: old grave stones are slippery when wet! - for the small people to look down on the neighbouring field of ducks and geese and chickens. So here are some photos.

 

 

There were some interesting reflections in Dobcross houses.

 

 

The sun always seemed to shine in other, slightly farther off places.

 

 

And as we got back to Delph, the blue sky started to return.

 


 

Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment