Wednesday 25 December 2019

Another day gone!

Well, that’s another Christmas overeating session over and done with. All the northern branch of the family was there, almost! The oldest granddaughter is now a N independent home-owner and does her own thing with the boyfriend. We shall see her on Friday, probably to enjoy the delights of turkey hotpot or some other offering of leftovers.

We’ve not had a white Christmas, not even a frosty Christmas but there is still time in the next few days. They keep reminding us that Christmas is a time of giving and being kind and  considerate to everyone.

So, how about this account from a post to a group on Facebook, Campaign to rejoin the EU?

 “Would a website be useful to this group maybe? It’s my job and would make one completely free with no ads, no self-promotion etc and give admins here admin status on the site. Just thinking we could have a forum, petition hub, pro-EU blog, etc etc and link it in with FB. Just want to do my bit.

I’m a British citizen and I was effectively kicked out of my own country by the Tories for the crime of falling in love with someone ‘foreign’. My American wife was deported from the UK whilst 7 months pregnant with our British son. She’d never claimed a penny in welfare, spoke native English and lived here after escaping her abusive family in America. Even her maternity care was private. 

They booted her out because I didn’t earn £18,600/year at the time (new Tory rule for anyone wanting to get a spouse visa for their other half - effectively means your right to family life doesn’t matter if you’re on a low income), despite the fact she had thousands in savings herself.

I have a signed letter from Theresa May from when she was Home Secretary telling me “if you really love her you’ll have no problem leaving the country with her”.

The EU stepped in and after 2 years living in Ireland (beautiful, amazing country by the way), we were allowed to move back here under an obscure EU law. I owe my entire family life to the EU. For me when people praise Brexit it’s a very personal attack.”

 No further comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment