Wednesday 10 June 2009

Oh for online booking!

Some time ago I discovered that Leonard Cohen is coming to the Castrelos Park in Vigo in August. The newspaper where I gleaned that information told me that tickets could be purchased from the Tourist Office. I had been charmed, delighted, completely overwhelmed by Mr Cohen's performance in Manchester last year. The open air venue in the Castrelos park is appealing. Finally a friend and fellow Leonard fan is visiting in August, coinciding with the concert. So I went to the Tourist Information Office to enquire.

No information was available! The helpful gentleman there told me that he thought the ayuntamiento had not yet booked anyone for Festival Castrelos. So why was the local paper talking about it? He had no answer and I made my despondent way home.

A week or so later I took a look online. This time I found out that tickets would be on sale through Caixanova from Monday June 8th, from ten o' clock in the morning. As we planned to be in the UK by that date I duly made a note in the diary for June 8th: book Leonard Cohen tickets. After all, we had bought tickets online for concerts at the Caixanova Centro Social several times without problems.

June 8th arrived. I went online. The official Leonard Cohen website said tickets were on sale and there was a link to Caixanova - taquilla (box office) but no sign of a Festival Castrelos or Leonard Cohen. No results at all for the concert date!!!

On June 9th I tried again.The same story! So today, June 10th, I phoned Servinova on the number given on the Caixanove web page. When I got through, having been told that my conversation could be recorded, I had to choose between Gallego and Castellano as my language of choice, pressing the appropriate key on my phone. Then came a series of options: for general information press 1, for a list of venues press 2 and so on. Eventually I was connected to a human being!

I explained the problem. Oh, that was easy. The tickets are not yet on sale. No, she did not know when they would be on sale. I should keep on trying on the website.

For total lack of information press .............

No comments:

Post a Comment