Thursday 15 November 2018

A short post about this and that!

Today I have travelled to my son’s house,

On the train to London, in the quiet carriage, the one where you cannot use your phone, there was a man who sniffed all the way from Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. What is the etiquette for that?

In July my sister and I were asked to speak more quietly in the quiet carriage, because the person making the request wanted to sleep. We were quite affronted!

 On this occasion, I chickened out of leaning across and offering him a tissue and recommending a good blow. Instead I put my earphones in and listened to Leonard Cohen on my iPod!

Otherwise my journey was relatively uneventful.

At Euston Square tube station the electronic display telling you which trains were due was not working. So we all had to look at the front of the train. Very annoying! I do like to know how long I can expect to wait for my tube train to arrive.

Every so often there was an announcement about it, worded strangely and incomprehensively, almost implying that the train was not working because of the faulty display. Very odd! But I arrived safely at my destination without any mishap, unlike my son, coming in the same tube train line a little later. His train got stuck at Finchley Road. When it got going again it fairly rattled along, missing out stations at which it would normally stop in order to arrive at Chesham reasonably on time. Odd behaviour! Almost worthy of a Thomas the Tank Engine!

Strange antics are going on with our government as well. Dominic Raab has resigned as Brexit Secretary. Michael Gove has reportedly been offered the job and turned it down. Something of a poisoned chalice, I imagine!

Things are unravelling!

1 comment:

  1. " . . .listened to Leonard Cohen on my iPod!" Bloody 'ell. It must have been bad . . . .

    ReplyDelete