Wednesday 20 December 2023

Thursday stuff. Family visits.

 Last night, while we talked after the children had been put to bed, I finished writing Christmas cards. This morning I got up early and stuck stamps on envelopes while I waited for my son and family to be ready to go out. 


The plan was for us to meet Granddaughter Number Two at her favourite cafe in Greenfield and have breakfast together there. We might have considered walking but the day was so wet and gloomy that we quite quickly rejected that idea. 


After breakfast we popped onto Tesco for a couple of items, including malt vinegar. Tonight we plan on having a fish and chip supper. Granddaughter Number Two and I tried to replenish my supply of malt vinegar at the coop in Delph yesterday. They had none but offered us good quality balsamic vinegar instead. While balsamic vinegar is very fine in the right place but it’s really not ideal for fish ‘n’chips.


After that we headed for Uppermill, where a rather soggy market was in operation - fruit and veg man, fishman, Jenny Biscuit, who was open despite the weather.


We also called in at the charity shop where Granddaughter Number Two bought a bargain pair of fashion boots for £7.00. They appeared to have never been worn so they were a real bargain. My daughter-in-law acquired a faux fur jacket for £25. Back at my house we had an impromptu fashion show, trying on my hats to see which went well with faux fur! All of them, it seems!


And so the earlier part of the day drifted past. Pretty soon it will be time to go and collect Granddaughter Number Four from school so that she can have some quality time with visiting Granddaughter Number Three.


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment