Thursday 4 May 2023

Winter sock! Snoozing!

I know that climate change is messing with the seasons. Yesterday was positively balmy out in the sunshine. It was cold in the evening though as the sky remained mostly clear. Today the cloud has moved back in again and the temperature has fallen. But even with that unpredictability in the weather, I really think that Nordic Socks is exaggerating a little in the advertisement for their excellent socks that popped up on my social media today:- 


Get ready for winter in Nordic style! Discover Nordic Socks and never have cold feet again ðŸ§¦


✔️ Made in Europe

✔️ Premium Merino Wool or Cotton

✔️ OEKO-TEX® certificated

✔️ Fast shipping and easy returns

✔️ Pamper your feet like the Nordics!


Nordic Socks brings you the secret of pampered feet like they do it in the North!”


It’s only the beginning of May, for goodness sake! We’ve all the (so-called) summer months to get through before we need to start “getting ready for winter”. 


Besides, their socks come in packs of five pairs and they last very well. Add the ones I bought the Christmas before last and the various pairs of fancy socks people gave me as presents last Christmas to the sock collection already in my drawer and really I have enough socks to last me for ever. 


I have made a start on decluttering, sorting put and putting to one side clothes I have not worn for years and will almost certainly never wear again - smart trousers which I never have occasion to wear and which are now rather out of fashion - so maybe ai need to do the same with the sock drawer! 


As I write this, the small boy is snoozing on the bed next to me. Messing about in the bedroom he managed to squirt my perfume in his own face. Cue for a sluicing session to stop his eyes stinging. The whole business left him upset, the tears further sluicing his eyes, that he climbed on my knee and promptly fell asleep. I lay back and had a little doze too before rolling him off so that I could do other things. According to this article we should restrict our snoozing to power naps of maximum 20 minutes. 


“It’s just as possible that being overweight makes you sleepy, but the long siesta was also associated with higher blood pressure and a variety of conditions related to heart disease and diabetes.”


It seems you can’t win. Some people snack all day to compensate for not sleeping well at night. And now it seems snoozing in the daytime is not too good for you either. 


So it goes. And pretty soon I need try to rouse the small boy or he won’t go to sleep until really late tonight and I’ll be in trouble with his mother.


Life goes on. Stay safe and well, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment