Monday 1 April 2019

Ephemeral bits of beauty.

It’s a long time since I went to Paris. I think I got to see the Louvre pyramid on that occasion but I had a lots of A-Level students with me so I probably didn’t appreciate it fully at the time. This article talks about an art work, a trompe l’oeil representation of the pyramid, made by the French artist JR and 400 volunteers sticking pieces of paper in a collage on the square. It’s a good job he took a picture as within a day it had been walked to shreds by visitors.


I am reminded of the flower pictures laid out on the streets of Spanish towns for certain religious festivals such as Corpus Christi. These are meant to be walked on. You see them in the morning, pristine and beautiful. The the priest and choirboys and such process to the church and the thing of beauty is gone.

Today we walked up the quarry road, Lark Hill, again. This is the third time in the last few days we have done this walk. The idea is that every day it should get a little easier. Perhaps I should set myself the goal of running up there eventually.

On the way back I took a series of pictures of daffodils.













Who knew that they came in so many different varieties?

So many shapes and sizes!

No comments:

Post a Comment