Saturday 14 May 2016

Feeling slightly miffed!

Every Saturday, well every one that we spend in the UK, we buy the weekend Guardian newspaper. I sit and plough my way through the various bits, generally omitting the sports section. 

 In the magazine section today, a certain Sali Hughes, who writes about cosmetics and whose section I usually scan with some scorn as she recommends stuff so highly priced it's silly, was writing about products for different age groups. 

"From your very first lipstick to that Magic night cream, Sali Hughes picks her 40 best makeup and skincare products for all ages, decade by decade." 

Notice that it said "for all ages"! 

So I decided to see what wonders she would recommend for my decade. Nothing! That's the answer. 

Teens, 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s and then no more. 

What a shock to be past it! 

What a shock to find such a thing in a magazine that regularly features older models in its fashion pages! 

 I realise that she could not have gone on for ever and ever but in this modern ages, many women are still holding down high powered jobs in their sixties and, presumably, still want to look their best. 

Maybe I should take it as a compliment to my age group. After all the decades of making ourselves beautiful, maybe we now know it all and need no further advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment