Wednesday 13 January 2016

One of those Days!

Someone told me today is National Left-handers' Day. Fine! Most left-handed people I know, and I know quite a few, seem to cope well with the so-called handicap. In fact, some of them consider themselves superior to right-handed folk. But, yes, I do sympathise with lefties and feel that allowances should be made for them .... but only while they are at school. Special scissors, seating them so that they don't bang elbows with their right handed desk partner while they work and so on. Once they reach adulthood, however, I think they are quite capable of fending for themselves. At any rate, the ones I know are! 

And yesterday, another source told me, was National Kiss a Ginger Day. Having been a ginger, I can honestly say that this is a load of tommy rot. Being ginger never stopped me being kissed and I really wouldn't want random strangers coming up and offering to kiss me just because I'm ginger. This "girl with orange hair" never saw it as a handicap and just because people in media have conspired over the last 15 years or so to make people think that gingers are odd and inferior does not make it so. 

What next? Green/grey/whatever colour you like eyes making a person inferior? 

Mind you, in a world where people might be considered inferior for silly reasons, perhaps it's better to be left-handed than ginger. No one can tell just by glancing at you that you are left-handed. Well, not unless you have been writing with a very smudgy pen and have smeared ink all over your hand while doing so. 

And then, maybe we need National Left-handers Day and National Kiss a Ginger Day to point out to some people the absolute silliness of prejudice of any kind. 

Yesterday I went on a little about pigeon-holing people according to age and other factors. Well, today I found this clip from Antena 3, featuring an old lady of 81 who is assumed to be unable to dance because of her age and arthritis and such. There's a bit of me that wonders if the lady in question was a trained dancer. Is it possible to photoshop videos to make a young dancer look like an old lady as she arrives? 

And then, without wanting to put old ladies into pigeon holes where they have to dress a certain way, you really should take a look at the killer heels the old dear is wearing! No wonder she needs a stick to walk down the road. Not that she is the first old lady I have seen tottering along a Spanish street in shoes that no sensible girl would, or indeed could, wear! I think Italian ladies have a similar stubborn refusal to give up their high fashion items. 

So much for pigeon-holing!

2 comments:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2LMxf3Df6I

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, great US Military force. Also, in his post you have given a chance to listen about US Military. I really appreciate your work. Thanks for sharing it. Unwashed Pet Flakes

    ReplyDelete